Re: mouse-1 not going to URL

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: mouse-1 not going to URL
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 15:52:34 +0200

Robert J. Chassell wrote:

In the default GNU Emacs, started with `emacs -Q -D', that sentence
appears as:

   See `http://www.rattlesnake.com/notions/Choice-and-Constraint.html',
   which is intended as a description of `what is' ...

(with the URL in blue and underlined).

In the default GNU Emacs, when I move the mouse over the URL, the
background changes to a light blue green that is called
`darkseagreen2'.  When I click a mouse cursor on the URL, the message
area says both:

   mouse-1: go to this URL

(which I quoted out of the *Messages* buffer) but nothing happens.
On w32 with CVS Emacs compiled a few days ago clicking on the link or pressing RET opens the URL in my browser.

However trying to look at the link with C-h c gives this:

 RET (translated from <return>) runs the command Info-follow-nearest-node
 <down-mouse-1> at that spot runs the command mouse-drag-region