Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:03:23 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Passing the full file name seems like the right thing to do, indeed.

What do you mean by "full file name"?  Something like
"/home/handa/x.tar!vi.po" which my change passes?

>>  It seems that this additional patch will fix it.  But I
>>  admit that that this change is rather tricky compared with
>>  the previous ones.  :-(

> I don't see what's the trick.  So I guess it deserves a comment.

It temporarily binds buffer-file-name to
"/home/handa/vi.po.gz!/home/handa/vi.po" and passes that
name so that a function can find the current buffer by
get-file-buffer.  I think such a way of using
buffer-file-name is rather tricky.  Anyway, yes, I'll add
more comments if my change is approved.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden