Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Tool-bar buttons unresponsive with tooltips on
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:04:46 +0200

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

The reason is that showing the tip window generates an EnterNotify
event that clears dpyinfo->mouse_face_window (sets to Qnil).

Why does it do that? tooltip windows should not affect any window
states.

Probably an old leftover. There should be a C variable to identify tip frames, like the hourglass_p variable.

note_mouse_highlight calls note_tool_bar_highlight and that function
sets mouse_face_window again to the tool bar window.  Later when
checking if the click is in the tool bar, it is only recognised as a
tool bar click if mouse_face_window is eq to the tool bar window.

Now, window managers are free to generate EnterNotify whenever they
want and it seems that KDE generates one more than it used to, and
also more than other window managers.  This is not a bug however.

The EnterNotify may not be a bug, but the way we handle it is.
We should test for tip_window and avoid doing certain things, the same
way we do for other events.

Kim checked in another fix that works.

    Jan D.