Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:26:41 -0400

On 10/25/05, Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 04:12:58PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> >> Hi.  Thanks for reminding me.  I thought we were waiting for copyright
> >> assignment papers?  Have the FSF received papers for all authors?
> >
> > I signed papers and send them off by mail (from Germany) Saturday.
>
> Ok, papers are ready now, and the assignment process is complete.  So
> feel free to commit the patches, including my pgg symmetric encryption
> stuff.

my papers are in, too.

i'm attaching a cumulative patch, including sascha wilde's and my
changes (which are built on top of sascha's) against the current CVS
repository.  it include the ChangeLog and changes of pgg.el and
pgg-gpg.el.  this patch has some slight changes from the previous
"omnibus" patch i submitted on october 12, including a small fix and a
change which mitigates a byte-compiler warning.

caveats:

  - there is one remaining compiler warning which was already in pgg.el -
    i don't know the right way to mitigate it, so i'm leaving it as is.

  - these patches do not bring the pgp or pgp5 suppport in line
    ie, neither sascha's nor my patches provide for that, i don't
    have access to any pgp implementation in order to correct it.
    as far as i can tell, however, the pgp support was already
    broken before either of us touched the pgg stuff.

ken
address@hidden