Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:27:06 -0400

     > To move to another file usually means moving to another frame, and
     > that's not the job of `until'.   This command should refuse
     > to move to another frame.

    Yes, you're right.

Actually, now I am not sure what I said is true.  Maybe `until' just
sets a temporary breakpoint and continues.  If so, it would actually
"work" even if you specify a line in a different function.

     > But there is an exception: when a function in one file is inlined in
     > another.  In that case, shouldn't this command work?

    If I try it, it doesn't seem to work.  Even if it, I'm not sure how we would
    make use of it.

If it doesn't work, maybe that is a flaw in GDB.  It OUGHT to be
possible to proceed to a specific line in the code another function
that was inlined into this function.

Would you like to raise that is with bug-gdb and cc me?