Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:34:41 +0200

> From: Christian Schlauer <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:05:32 +0200
>
> > It jumps to the Ediff control frame when you start Ediff, but if you
> > then move the mouse to some other place, it never jumps to that frame
> > again;
>
> I tried it again in 21.3 with `runemacs -q', and I moved the mouse
> pointer off the ediff frame, pressed SPC to jump to the next
> difference, and it jumped back to the ediff frame. It did this after
> each SPC. I didn't know this. It seems that you don't see this
> behaviour, if I understand you correctly. Why is this different for
> you?

Because I didn't type SPC, since you never mentioned it before.

When I try SPC now, it does move the mouse pointer to the Ediff frame,
but only if the mouse is not on another Emacs frame (or on a window
that belongs to another Windows program).  So I'm left wondering why
would you have the mouse outside any frame at this point?  If I
understood you correctly, we are discussing a situation when a user
moves the mouse across the differences (displayed in an Emacs frame in
two adjacent windows) while she reads the differences.

> >> What about the other things I wrote in that message? Did I convince
> >> you?
> >
> > No.
>
> That's bad. ;-)
>
> My arguments were

I understood your arguments the first time, they just don't convince
me.

But I'm not the Ediff maintainer, so it's just my personal opinion.
Michael, are you there? can you comment on the issues raised in this
thread regarding Ediff's use of tooltips?