Re: #defines and MacOS X

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: #defines and MacOS X
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:36:17 +0200

Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:

> Meanwhile, I already updated the Nextstep port to avoid this problem
> using:
>
> HAVE_NS
>      GNUSTEP
>      COCOA

These should at least include MAC_ somewhere to
indicate that they are specific to the MAC port, e.g

HAVE_MAC_NEXTSTEP
MAC_GNUSTEP
MAC_COCOA

> MAC_OS_8, MAC_OS_9
Ok

> DARWIN
Should be MAC_DARWIN

> MAC_TOOLBOX
Ok

>      CLASSIC
>      CARBON
>      HAVE_CARBON_EVENTS

Should be
MAC_CLASSIC
MAC_CARBON
HAVE_MAC_CARBON_EVENTS

> Whatever is agreed upon, I'm willing to generate the patches for both
> HEAD and the unicode-2 branch.

Others will have to decide whether it is ok to do so now.

Personally, I think it should wait until after releasing 22.x -- also
on the unicode-2 branch to ease merging of patches between the branches.