Re: gcc and inline [was: Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?]

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: gcc and inline [was: Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 20:19:31 +0900

2005/10/28, Tomas Zerolo <address@hidden>:
> And my point was that it sometimes doesn't inline where I'd expect it
> to -- but its decisions in those cases seem to be better than my
> guesses, as far as I have checked. So to me it isn't a bug either

I wouldn't worry about it either, unless something in emacs actually
breaks ... gcc's inlining behavior does change from time to time, but
the maintainers are well aware of the issues, and they've got _much_
more picky users of inline constantly breathing down their necks (like
kernel hackers).

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.