Re: filename input wildcard `?'

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: filename input wildcard `?'
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 12:18:00 -0400

    I don't really want to open a can of worms, so ignore this if you think it's
    a bad idea or controversial: I wonder if we might consider allowing `?' to
    be bound, in the minibuffer, to `self-insert-command' instead of
    `minibuffer-completion-help', and use `C-h' for
    `minibuffer-completion-help'?

I don't like the idea of an incompatible change here.
I don't have time to do the kind of study that would
be needed to judge it.  So we won't make this change.