Re: active menu, GTK and commands

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: active menu, GTK and commands
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:30:03 +0000 (UTC)

   ... make any menu as floating window..., and ...  type some command
   in command line (M-x) I experience newline and spaces and tabs
   inserted as garbage to the command ...

This does not happen with me.

Using today's GNU Emacs CVS snapshot, Fri, 2005 Oct 28 12:02 UTC
GNU Emacs 22.0.50.8 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.6.10)
started with

    emacs/src/emacs -Q -D

and then starting the menu bar by evaluating     (menu-bar-mode 1)

I created a separate, floating Buffers menu.  Then, typing `M-x pwd'
worked fine, with no errors .

Incidentally, neither

       http://www.halogen-dg.com/emacs1.gif
nor
       http://www.halogen-dg.com/emacs2.gif

succeeded; instead I received this message:

     Debugging Notice

             Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.

             Cannot locate object at: http://www.halogen-dg.com/emacs2.gif

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8