Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch

From: Ken Manheimer
Subject: Re: pgg symmetric encryption patch
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

thanks for applying the patches.  it looks all in place.  i have a
supplemental patch which reenables pgp and pgp5 operation, as well as
rectifying the pgg.texi documentation with the changes (plus suitable
entries for lisp/ChangeLog and man/ChangeLog).

this patch is somewhat speculative because i am unable to test it, not
having pgp or pgp5.  most of the additional functionality is not
specific to the encryption software implementation, and where it is
(providing the right arguments for signing) i used a man page found on
the web to try to do the right thing.  one thing i know is that
pgg-pgp5 and pgg-pgp would *not* work without this patch, because
there would be calling mismatches from the pgg generic functions.  i
am fairly confident that the patched code will work well.

ken
address@hidden