Re: Remove mouse-face in Occur buffers

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Remove mouse-face in Occur buffers
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:40:09 +0200

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> To see what I mean you can type `C-h i d C-u M-x occur RET emacs RET'
> and to move the mouse cursor on menu items in occur context lines.
> Mouse highlighting is misleading here, because pressing mouse-1 or
> mouse-2 doesn't work.  I proposed to remove mouse highlighting on
> copied text.

That is a good change.

>> But to me it sounds as if remove-yank-excluded-properties could be
>> useful here.  Can you pls. think about it.
>
> `remove-yank-excluded-properties' is surely related to this, but
> I think it is a different thing.  It defines text properties to
> remove when yanking, but displaying copied lines in the occur buffer
> is not quite yanking.

But it is "close"...

The yank-excluded-properties is a list of properties which typically
causes problems when they are inserted "out of context" in some other
buffer.

> Maybe, there should be a separate variable defining a list
> of text properties to remove on copied text in the occur buffer.
> Do you think it would be useful?

Yes, that sounds like a good idea.

The default value could be the same as the initial value of
yank-excluded-properties (I haven't checked).

Some people may want to set that to t as well.

Look at function remove-list-of-text-properties.