Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:11:26 +0900

2005/10/30, Nick Roberts <address@hidden>:
>  > A confused linker...
>
> I don't know what you're talking about and your cryptic posts don't help.

He was just pointing out (cryptically) that the compiler doesn't do
inlining by copying machine code, and that doing so wouldn't work very
well... (though I sort of assumed you weren't being literal when you
said that)

[It "copies" the compiler's internal representation for the inlined
function at some point during compilation (exactly what and where
varies even between gcc releases), and then continues with
optimization, etc. -- a _very_ important attribute of inlined
functions is that the inlined function's code is optimized in the
context of the call-site.]

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.