Re: flyspell bug

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 02:14:14 +0100

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 01:13:30AM -0400, Richard M. Stallman wrote:

>     local.h
>
>     distribution dist distr
>
>     Local Variables:
>     ispell-local-dictionary: "francais"
>     End:
>
> I can't test this, because I don't have a French dictionary.
> I hope someone else can debug it, if indeed it fails with the
> latest code.

I think the problem is that french ispell dict (Hydro Quebec version)
considers dot as a boundary char, so finds "local.h" as a single
mispelled word, and this seems to not match emacs concept of word. In the
aff file that is suggested to be appplied to network names.

Browsing my /usr/lib/ispell dict, seems that the same should happen for
norwegian nynorsk and bokmal, italian and polish, all them having dot as a
boundary char, and indeed I get the same error.

Other languages seem to consider local.h as two words and error does not
appear.

I am in low bandwith for some days, so I cannot check that for other dicts
like the other french ispell dict (gutenberg version) or the aspell-fr or
any other ispell or aspell dict.

--
Agustin