Re: address@hidden: tool-bar: frame-local tool-bar-button-margin]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: tool-bar: frame-local tool-bar-button-margin]
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 23:37:27 -0400

    One would expect that make-variable-buffer-local and make-
    variable-frame-local lead parallel lives. For example, I knew already
    that frame-local-variables are the same as frame parameters. But I
    expected that setting a variable that has been made frame-local will
    set the appropriate frame parameter/variable.

I agree with you--the name make-variable-frame-local is misleading.
What would be a better name?

Perhaps make-variable-frame-localizable?
enable-frame-local-bindings?

For the meanwhile, I clarified its doc string.