Re: Use .emacs.d in savehist.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Use .emacs.d in savehist.el
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 13:30:29 +0900

2005/10/30, Chong Yidong <address@hidden>:
> I didn't implement Miles' suggestion; it just doesn't seem necessary
> (unless I'm missing something.)

The point is that are various simple rules and guidelines that apply
to _every_ customization file, if we allow them to go in either ~ or
in ~/.emacs.d, and it's silly to duplicate the code for each
customization file.

Centralizing the policy with a function also allows later changes or
enhancement to be done more easily and cleanly.

If you don't want to add it though, I will do it.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.