Re: thumbs directory

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: thumbs directory
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 20:13:59 -0500

    Currently, `thumbs-thumbsdir' defaults to "~/.emacs-thumbs".  We
    should not populate the user's directory with lots of hidden
    directories.  How about using "~/.emacs.d/thumbs" instead?

It should use the name in .emacs.d if .emacs.d exists and
.emacs-thumbs does not.

    I didn't implement Miles' suggestion; it just doesn't seem necessary
    (unless I'm missing something.)

It would make things like the above more convenient,
and will ensure they all work the same way.