active menu, GTK and commands

From: Alex V. Koval
Subject: active menu, GTK and commands
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:01:32 +0200

Hi

What I really like about new GTK interface in emacs is that I can make any menu floating, and see it. This would be extermely useful when working with multiple files to make 'Buffers' menu floating and see current buffers list. But I have a big issue
using this approach, which prevents me using any of floating menu's.

If make any menu as floating window (with the mouse, press on ---------------), and then I want to type some command in command line (M-x) I experience newline and spaces and tabs inserted as garbage to the command
line (3 spaces or tabs and single newline).

As soon as I close the external floating menu, all returns to its normal state and I can enter commands without removing garbage
in prior.

Do you have any hints ? I have tried to look at emacs-devel archives with no luck.

Here is how it looks:
http://www.halogen-dg.com/emacs1.gif
http://www.halogen-dg.com/emacs2.gif

If I enter any command, I get "[No match]" until I remove garbage..

Thanks.

Alex