Re: Remove mouse-face in Occur buffers

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Remove mouse-face in Occur buffers
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:17:32 +0200

>> And it also servers as the default value of the `keep-props'
>> argument (which before this patch was unconditionally non-nil).
>
> Ok, but then these checks in occur-accumulate-lines and occur-engine
> seems superfluous:
>
>>          (if (fboundp 'jit-lock-fontify-now)
>>              (jit-lock-fontify-now beg end)))
>>      (push
>> !     (if (and keep-props (not (eq occur-excluded-properties t)))
>
> Just test keep-props here (it is nil if occur-excluded-properties = t.

I added this double test intentionally, because someone might call
`occur-engine' directly with `keep-props'=t, and at the same time
`occur-excluded-properties' may have the default value t.  In this
case `remove-list-of-text-properties' will fail.

Why I suspect that someone already might have code to call
`occur-engine' directly is because so far the value for keeping
text properties was hard-coded in `occur-1' with the value t
(and I recall that at some moment it was hard-coded with nil),
and how someone can customize this behavior other than calling
`occur-engine' directly?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/