Undesired point moves while compiling

From: Brad Howes
Subject: Undesired point moves while compiling
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:26:13 -0500

I've got a bizarre problem related to the compilation-mode. When I start a compile, everything works fine unless I execute 'next-error' while the compile is in progress, at which point the point/cursor jumps around in my source code window. A search of the list archives shows that David Abrahams reported what appears to be the same behavior I'm having:

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-06/msg00029.html

But no solution was posted in the thread.

I've compiled from the CVS source, running on Mac OS X 10.4.2. I have an older Emacs version of 21.3.50 which does not have this problem.

Thanks!

Brad