Re: Finish updating copyright years

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Finish updating copyright years
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 03:01:30 -0500

"Richard M. Stallman" wrote:

> Would people please finish the updating the copyright years?
> That is standing in the way of the release.

Sorry, but even the new simple guidelines are not simple enough for
me and I have a question about how to do this.

The advice we are working to is:

   Our lawyer says it is ok if we add, to each file that has been in
   Emacs since Emacs 21 came out in 2001, all the subsequent years.

Does this mean we should add "2001" to the list of years, or not?

Taking it literally, no; but I'd expect (if that's worth anything)
yes.

Looking at what's been done so far; it looks to me as if some people
have been adding 2001 (eg lisp/progmodes/prolog.el), and some have not
(eg lisp/eshell/em-alias.el). So this needs clarifying.