Dedicated *Help* frame and recent window.c changes

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Dedicated *Help* frame and recent window.c changes
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 21:45:05 +0100

Hi,

Stephan's recent changes[1] to window.c break following the function
definition link in the *Help* buffer for me.  My special display
configuration includes (add-to-list 'special-display-buffer-names
'("*Help*" ((height . 30)))).  When I click on e.g. on `gnus.el' in
the *Help* buffer[2], I get "Window is dedicated to `*Help*'".  Before
this change, the source file got displayed in another frame or a new
frame (if `pop-up-windows' is t).

Bye, Reiner.

[1]
,----[ src/ChangeLog ]
| 2005-11-01  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>
|
|       * window.c (window_loop): For LRU and LARGEST, let the `mini' argument
|       determine whether to consider dedicated windows as well.
|       (Fget_lru_window, Fget_largest_window): Add `dedicated' argument.
|       (Fdisplay_buffer): Do consider dedicated windows in those cases where
|       we will split the window rather than reuse it.
|       Don't try to use windows on other displays.
`----

[2]
,----[ <f1> f gnus RET ]

`----