Re: Scrolling up at the end of the buffer

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Scrolling up at the end of the buffer
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:28:36 +0100

Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> writes:

>    Presumably the OP means that the last line is scrolled all the
>    way to the top of the screen, instead of staying at the bottom of
>    the screen.  It seems that both behaviours are equally common in
>    different editors.  Personally I prefer to have the last line
>    stay at the bottom of the screen, but it is no big deal.

OK, I think I see the problem. When I started using Emacs I though it
was a bit weird in some respects (for example, "jumping" many lines
when point reaches end of visible buffer), but I got used to it. Also,
recently I have started to user C-l (recenter) much and like it quite
much. I use it almost automatically and do not think of the "strange"
behaviours of Emacs because I get what I want in the center of the
screen.