Re: display-buffer

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: display-buffer
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 18:05:39 +1300

Stefan Monnier writes:
 > >> What about the patch I'd suggested (see below)?
 > >> Does it do any good?
 >
 > > What behaviour does this change?
 >
 > > I see:
 >
 > > A new frame takes focus and its window selected.
 > > An existing frame doesn't take focus, raises and its window is not
 > > selected.
 >
 > This is with my patch?  Is it any different from the behavior without
 > my patch?

No its the same or at least I can't any difference.  My window manager is
metacity and it works/is configured for click-to-focus (not a lisp variable?)
However focus-follows-mouse is t, but I guess Emacs can't overrule the window
manager.

I guess generally that I would prefer the new frame not to take focus with
display-buffer (but perhaps not always).  Is that possible (perhaps as an
argument or user option)?

Nick