Re: new apropos feature in Emacs-22

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: new apropos feature in Emacs-22
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 18:43:42 -0500

    If the present convention is kept unchanged, then one should at the
    very least update the involved docstrings: although the Emacs manual
    mentions the new behavior, apparently none of the docstrings of the
    involved commands do.  All the docstrings still suggest that the
    REGEXP argument will always be treated as a regular expression.

We should certainly update the doc strings and manual, if we don't
change the behavior.

Someone else mentioned that there was a previous discussion.
I would like to reread it too.

Can someone tell me what range of dates it was, and a string
or strings I can search for to find those messages among
all the rest?