Re: new apropos feature in Emacs-22

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: new apropos feature in Emacs-22
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 01:04:19 -0600 (CST)

Kin Storm wrote:

   Did you try to do C-h C-d .mailrc ?  I don't see any false matches there.

(I guess you somehow mean `M-x apropos-documentation' instead of `C-h
C-d'.)  Just to make sure that you understand the real problem: with
the current code, `mail alias .mailrc' will not match the text
"mail alias in your .mailrc file" although a user unfamiliar with
regexps and familiar with your "at least two matches" rule would
expect it to match.

But, if we go for Stefan's solution, that problem would disappear anyway.

Sincerely,

Luc.