Re: `overlay-arrow-position' should be automatically buffer-local

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: `overlay-arrow-position' should be automatically buffer-local
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:48:12 +0900

2005/10/20, Nick Roberts <address@hidden>:
>  > BTW, in case nobody's noticed the current gud/gdba routinely gets
>  > completely confused by multiple debugging sessions already...
>
> It's come up at least twice before.  I rarely debug two programs at the same
> time and when I do, I can do it with two instances of Emacs.

This is OK as a temporary workaround before the release, but I think
it's unacceptable in the long term -- I, at least, want to debug
multiple programs routinely, and it's very inconvenient to juggle
multiple emacs sessions to do so.

> For those that
> need multiple debugging sessions there's a note in the Emacs manual to use
> "gdb -fullname"

I recall that before gdba, this was the default; why was it changed?

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.