Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:39:08 +0000

On 10 Nov 2005, at 19:34, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

This patch ensures that menu items are disabled when they should be,
i.e. when there is no applicable visible and non-iconified frame.

Could you explain why this is needed?  If there's no visible frame,
the menu isn't visible as well, so no one will notice that the menu
items are enabled.

Or am I missing something?

Yes you are :)

Menus are not always inside frames. On my machine, they're on top and perfectly accessible when there is no window...

I think we already have a few frame-live-p/frame-visible-p checks in menu-bar, they're just not very complete.

- D