Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:38:58 +0100

Drew Adams wrote:

Good suggestions, all.
I agree, David's points are good.

In the present case we might use "List
Keyboard Shortcuts (Bindings)", but that is a bit long.
I would go for just "Keyboard Shortcuts". In the displayed help text it could say "Keyboard Shortcuts (Bindings)" or explain the terminology in another way. But keep the menus clean for the novice.

Anyway, I didn't mean to distract from your suggestions. It would be good if
some of them could be implemented before the release - in particular, adding
top-level links to sections and moving the encoded-kbd-self-insert-ccl stuff
to the back burner.
I agree. I have found exactly the same points as David points out annoying.