Re: Multiple debugging sessions

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Multiple debugging sessions
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:03:54 +0900

BTW, I should note that the behavior I'm complaining about is _not_ in
the "hard case" where there's actual ambiguity.

I'm talking about the simplest possible case, where you're debugging
two completely different programs, which have no common source-file
names, and you're mainly using gdb command-line functions -- relying
on gdba only for e.g. showing breakpoint icons in the fringe.

Even in this apparently easy case, there are very weird interactions
between the gdb sessions.

I understand that there might be greater difficulties in supporting a
truly complicated scenario -- e.g. debugging the _same_ program
multiple times simultaneously (or, due to the way gdb works, different
programs with common source-file names), because there is actual
ambiguity that must somehow be resolved -- but that's not what I'm
really talking about.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.