Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:17:41 +0000

On 11 Nov 2005, at 10:02, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

It isn't complicated.

Well then, good solution.

1. It is not displayed on my system when going through the menus.

Did you turn the tooltips off?  If not, perhaps there's some bug?

I'm using the Carbon port, and I think the port just doesn't implement it. And it would be weird if it did, because on OS X there should be no extra explanations: Menu entries should be self- explanatory. (I don't see a technical way to display anything in a tooltip above the menu. Menu interaction is handled by the system.)

Second, the area near the bottom of the display is where other GUI
applications display longer descriptions of the menu items.

Yes, on Windows and on GNU/Linux systems.