Re: Fontification in Gnus

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Fontification in Gnus
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:49:49 -0800

Romain Francoise <address@hidden> writes:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> With Emacs 21, I'm using the Debian Gnus package which is version
>>> 5.10.6-1.NO.20051020-1.
>
>> I'm puzzled about this version number.  CVS snapshot from the stable
>> branch (v5-10) maybe.  Could you ask the Debian maintainer?
>
> Nope, it's taken from HEAD.

Thanks for jumping in, Romain.

I thought I had found the problem when I cleared
font-lock-support-mode (from lazy-lock-mode to jit-mode). But, alas,
the problem later reappeared.

Perhaps it is an Emacs 22 incompatibility. I fired up 5.11 with Emacs
21 and so far, it seems to be OK.

This problem's irregularity makes it really hard to identify the exact
problem (in my environment). But I'll try.

Is anybody else using the Emacs 22-packaged Gnus with or without
fontification issues?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD