RE: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:02:40 -0800

    > Beyond menu-item names, I think the intention was that
    > synonyms would be introduced in the Emacs manual.

    It's already there: that's what the Glossary is for.  Here's the item
    relevant to the current discussion:

        Keyboard Shortcut
         A keyboard shortcut is a key sequence (q.v.) which invokes a
         command.  What other programs call "assign a keyboard shortcut"
         Emacs calls "bind a key sequence".  See `binding.'

Perfect. That's just what I meant. Thx.

(I would insert "some": "some other programs". And do we really expect
people to understand "q.v."? Can we please change that to common English?)