Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:32:43 +0000

On 11 Nov 2005, at 21:26, Luc Teirlinck wrote:

C-h i emacs m pages, but really, all you have to do is print off a
buffer containing ^L's once and you will notice.

I'm afraid I lack the ingenuity to guess that I have to look for "pages" in order to find out that this unknown new character ^L has to do with pages.

Some people are more visually oriented, some aren't.
I suspect a metaphor like a dashed horizontal line visualized a page break won't hurt you.
If you don't know what ^L is, then it will only distract you.
And it won't provide visual guidance as to where groups start for either of us.