Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: describe-bindings: ^L, bad order, naming
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 05:20:01 +0900

2005/11/13, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>:
> > Not to waste too much paper and not too wind up with too many nearly
> > blank pages.
>
> Never seen anyone who'd worry that much about this.

Actually this _is_ a slight issue in my experience -- in practice (at
least in the free software community) ^L seems to usually be used more
for logically structuring files than for formatting them for printing.
 I like this usage, it's actually very handy, but it means that in the
rare case where you actually print something it's quite common to get
way too many page breaks ...

[Though at this point in the thread I've forgotten why it's even being
discussed :-]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.