Re: Time to install the new icons

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Time to install the new icons
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:24:35 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> Since no one else seemed interested in doing this, I have gone ahead
> and installed the new Emacs icon as the default frame bitmap icon for
> X windows.

Starting a freshly bootstrapped Emacs now gives me the following:

(emacs:10833): Gdk-WARNING **: gdkpixbuf-drawable.c:1249: Source drawable has
no colormap; either pass in a colormap, or set the colormap on the drawable
with gdk_drawable_set_colormap()

(emacs:10833): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_add_alpha: assertion `pixbuf
!= NULL' failed

(emacs:10833): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT
(object)' failed

(emacs:10833): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_pixels: assertion `pixbuf
!= NULL' failed

(emacs:10833): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **: gdk_pixbuf_get_rowstride: assertion
`pixbuf != NULL' failed
Fatal error (11)
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  ./src/emacs -q

> The relevant changes have been checked into src/image.c, src/xterm.c,
> and src/gnu.h.  The icon itself is in src/gnu.h, as an xpm string.

Why is this new icon still called `gnu'?  Unlike the old icon, it does
not represent a gnu...

> 2. After the release, we have to tell the various distributions to
>    switch to the new Emacs icon in their application menus (in
>    /usr/share/icons or whatever).

>    It will probably be convenient for this purpose, if we add the new
>    icons, in .png format, to etc/ or etc/images.

Please add it in XPM format as well.

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the