Re: Time to install the new icons

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Time to install the new icons
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:15:14 +0200

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:53:17 -0500
>
> I find it hard to imagine that anyone would prefer nt/icons/sink.ico,
> or gnu7.ico, or gnu8.ico, over Andrew Zhilin's professional-looking
> icon set.

Andrew's icons were just installed, so we have no idea how many users
will prefer them.  On top of that, no one arranged for the Windows
port to use Andrew's icons; we don't even know if they work on
Windows.

Given these circumstances, it sounds unwise to delete the old icon
files.

> Can I submit some of my own fugly .ico files to the NT icon repository
> too? ;-)

We don't accept fugly icons in the nt directory.