Re: Time to install the new icons

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Time to install the new icons
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:38:20 +0900

2005/11/17, Chong Yidong <address@hidden>:
> I find it hard to imagine that anyone would prefer nt/icons/sink.ico,
> or gnu7.ico, or gnu8.ico, over Andrew Zhilin's professional-looking
> icon set.

Well... I agree all the "gnu*" icons are pretty lame, but sink.ico has
a bit of nostalgia value -- it's just a colorized/shrunken version one
of the very first emacs icons (maybe _the_ first one -- I first saw it
in the 80s); I guess the original B&W version is what's in
etc/emacs.{icon,xbm}.

Since it's extremely small anyway, why not keep "sink.ico" just for that reason?

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.