Re: address@hidden: Re: erase customization does not work]

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: erase customization does not work]
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:38:58 -0600 (CST)

>From my previous message:

   I know that there was a thread (I participated in it) in which people
   claimed that most people would actually always use the buffer-wide
   buttons, because that is what they are used to from other
   applications.  How come it took six, respectively eight and a half,
   years for _somebody_ among all those people to notice that the buttons
   they were using were actually no-ops (or threw errors) in group
   customization buffers?

In as far as CVS is concerned, the "six" in the above was a slight
overstatement: it was actually five and a half.  The whole buffer "Set"
and "Reset" buttons in a Custom group buffer started working in CVS
three years and one month ago.  They work in 21.3, but not in 22.2,
and apparently not in any earlier released version.  Again, the
buffer-wide "Erase Customization" button and its predecessor
"Reset to Standard" button apparently never worked in a Custom group
buffer in any released version.

Sincerely,

Luc.