Re: string-to-number

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: string-to-number
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:22:31 -0500

     > Let's not change this.

    Before the release?  Ever?  Don't you think it's an improvement?  Are you
    concerned about backward compatibility?  Are there other reasons?

I can't afford to spend time thinking about minor issues, and I don't
want them causing any trouble, so I made a quick simple decision: we
will keep this unchanged.  Would you please let it drop?

There are two kinds of changes we should consider now:

1. Bug fixes.

2. Changes in new features, to get them right the first
time they are released.

Please don't propose other kinds of changes.  It would be ideal not to
even mention issues other than those two categories.