RE: FW: Emacs non-ascii characters

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: FW: Emacs non-ascii characters
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:29:21 -0800

    On some keyboards (like mine) the `\' key is right next to the Backspace
    key, which makes `C-\' very close to `C-Backspace'.

Right. I forgot about that one. I'd say, in sum, that with lots of common
keyboards it is quite easy to hit `C-\' by mistake.

    That said, I always
    use `M-Backspace' and I don't think it is a good idea to change such a
    commonly-used shortcut as `C-\' at all.

That was my question: whether "it needs to be on a quickly hit key."  If it is
quick and handy for those who use it, then fine.