Re: flyspell bug [possible patch]

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: flyspell bug [possible patch]
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:19:39 +0100

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 03:22:42PM +0000, Agustin Martin wrote:
> Slawomir Nowaczyk <slawomir.nowaczyk.847 <at> student.lu.se> writes:
> >
> > Besides that, I believe the logic in flyspell-external-point-words
> > should be simplified significantly -- we should get rid of the "while
> > keep" loop, just find the first place where
> >                               (if (= (length (flyspell-get-word nil))
> >                              (length word))
> > and flyspell-word that.
>
> I think you need the (while keep) loop for this.
>
> > And consider cases where ispell and flyspell
> > have different ideas about word boundaries to be bugs and fix those.
>
> Some of these might require a not found word be signalled by something softer
> than an error.
>
> I am also taking a look at this function making keep nil if any of some
> conditions  is matched. Will send something as soon as looks better (if so),
> even if still full of debugging code

I am attaching the patch as is currently in my box, seems to work well with
aspell, and in my tests failed only with ispell in rather uncommon things
like

\distribute dist distr

where dist is not tagged as misspelled. It however worked well with

distribute dist distr

In the former case, unsync is backwards, what is not that critical, as
opposed to an forward unsync, and since this is also a rather unfrequent
example, I think this is acceptable, and anyway better than current
situation.

Patch includes removal of the "-t" stuff in flyspell-large-region, I think
it is no longer needed and was causing problems with ispell.

Please check in your boxes

--
Agustin