Re: log-view documentation

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: log-view documentation
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:06:48 +1300

 > Here I have put that table into our usual format.
 > I have also tried clearing up certain descriptions
 > whose meaning I was not certain of.  I am partly guessing
 > (since I don't use this feature), so if any of this is wrong,
 > could someone tell me?

I've not used it much, but it seems OK to me.

 > @item J
 > Annotate the revision indicated by the current line.
 >
 > @item A
 > Annotate the revision before the one indicated by the current line.
 > This is useful to see the state the file was in before the change on
 > the current line was made.

I think you might look at the revision indicated by the current line before
the previous one (which can currently be done with `J' then `P'.

How about using A for annotating the revision indicated by the current line
(its more mnemonic) and C-u A for the revision before the one indicated by the
current line?  Tthis feature is not in Emacs 21, so now would be a good time to
change it.

Nick