Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in text
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:49:52 +0100

I did ask this question a month ago - and I answered it myself. That time I thought that the problem did go away after updating cvsnt. Obviously it is still there. So this answer is incorrect: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-10/msg00823.html

Sorry for starting a new thread.

Lennart Borgman wrote:

When I do

   M-x ediff-revision RET

when viewing help.el in my local copy of the repository I get this in the temporary checked out latest version of help.el:

(defun resize-temp-buffer-window ()
 "Resize the current window to fit its contents.
Will not make it higher than `temp-buffer-max-height' nor smaller than
`window-min-height'. Do nothing if it is the onlyUsing keyboard-interactive authentication.^M

window on its frame, if it
is not as wide as the frame or if some of the window's contents are scrolled
out of view."
<<<<<<<<<<

Where does that "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" come from?

I guess there might be something wrong with the cvs tools I am using but I do not understand. I do not know where it would be most appropriate to ask this question, but the problem seems to occur only within Emacs so I start here. (BTW: Can you specify the path the the cvs program somewhere in Emacs?)

I am doing this on w32, using CVS Emacs from 2005-11-22. The cvs tools I am using is cvsnt which says:

C:\>cvs --version

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2115 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                       Jeff Polk, and other authors
CVSNT version (Oct  9 2005) Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Tony Hoyle and others
see http://www.cvsnt.org

Commercial support and training provided by March Hare Software Ltd.
see http://www.march-hare.com/cvspro

CVSNT may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution.

The CVSNT Application API is licensed under the terms of the
GNU Library (or Lesser) General Public License.

SSH connectivity provided by PuTTY:
 PuTTY is copyright 1997-2001 Simon Tatham.
 Portions copyright Robert de Bath, Joris van Rantwijk, Delian
 Delchev, Andreas Schultz, Jeroen Massar, Wez Furlong, Nicolas Barry,
 Justin Bradford, and CORE SDI S.A.
 See http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Perl Compatible Regular Expression Library (PCRE)
 Copyright (c) 1997-2004 University of Cambridge.
 Licensed under the BSD license.
 See http://www.pcre.org/license.txt

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

I am using an external ssh program: CVS_RSH=c:\path-to-plink\plink.exe

I am doing an anonymous checkout: