Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ediff-revision and "Using keyboard-interactive authentication^M" in text
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:40:34 +0200

> Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:58:20 +0100
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> Thansk Eli, but there are several things I do not understand here. I did
> a connection once to save the host key. Does puTTY save configuration
> parameters (like those you suggest) every time I connect using puTTY?

It doesn't save the configuration unless you tell it.  However, if you
invoke PuTTY interactively (i.e., not the command-line plink.exe, but
putty.exe itself), it pops up a session configuration dialog.  There,
you can configure a session for subversions.gnu.org and save it.  That
configuration will henceforth be used by plink.

> If I from the command line do
>
>     c:\myrep\emacs\lisp> cvs diff isearch.el
>
> then I do not see the string. If I do this in an interactive shell in
> Emacs I do not see it there either.
>
> Perhaps does plink gets confused in the case when ediff-revision is used?

Maybe, I don't know.  You will have to see how ediff-revision invokes
plink, perhaps it does it in a way that plink thinks it's an
interactive invocation.