Re: mouse-drag-mode-line should maybe use window-tree

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: mouse-drag-mode-line should maybe use window-tree
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 11:21:32 +0100

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

Looking a bit at `mouse-drag-mode-line' I found that it in certain window configuration might fail because it does not seem aware of that window splitting is two dimensional.

Could you please be more specific?

Sorry, forgot to write that it is the code in `mouse-drag-window-above' that looks suspicious to me. It seems like it only compares the top of the parameter window with the bottom of other windows. Maybe that could fail, I am not sure. If the code is correct it must depend on the order in which `previous-window' returns the windows.

I have not however been able to find a window configuration where it fails so I guess that the code is correct. But maybe it deserves a comment in `mouse-drag-window-above'?