Setting key bindings in view-mode-hook

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Setting key bindings in view-mode-hook
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:26:27 -0800

I'd like to bind "q" in `view-mode' to `View-kill-and-leave'.

I customized view-mode-hook with

  (lambda nil (local-set-key "q" (quote View-kill-and-leave)))

However, "C-h c q" in a buffer in view mode still shows View-quit.

What gives? How come my setting isn't honored?

This is in recent CVS snapshot of Emacs 22, but a quick check reveals
that this Emacs 21 shows the same behavior.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD