Re: tooltip can be displayed outside the screen

From: Tetsuo Tsukamoto
Subject: Re: tooltip can be displayed outside the screen
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 13:55:11 +0900

> The image seems to show just a little of a screen.
> I am not sure what that means, but maybe I can guess.

> Do you mean that the tootip appears _partly_ off the edge of the
> screen?

Yes.

Sorry I need to give a little more explanation.  In the two images
Emacs frame is placed on the bottom edge of the screen.  When I
move the mouse pointer to the mode line, Emacs 22.0.50 tries to
place the tooltip below the mouse pointer.  But enough pixels are
not left between the point just below the mouse pointer and the
bottom edge of the screen. As a consequence the tooltip appears
partly off the edge of the screen.

Emacs 21.3 places the tooltip above the mouse pointer, thus causes
no problem in this situation.

--
Tetsuo Tsukamoto