Re: rmail: how to deal with mailing list ?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:28:58 +0000 (UTC)

   I am a fresh new user of Rmail and I am trying to use it to read my
   mailing lists. ...

   My problem is I don't see how to do this in a fancy way where mails
   would be arranged automatically.

Set the mailing lists to deliver daily digests.

Or perhaps you would succeed with one of the rmail-summary-sort-*
commands such as rmail-summary-by-topic (C-M-t) or
rmail-summary-by-regexp (C-M-s).  (I am not confident about the
latter; it depends on the mailing list.  You may have to label mail
messages.  Then you can sort them.)

If you do not employ daily digests or label messages, Emacs Gnus may
help you more than Emacs Rmail.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8