RE: Setting key bindings in view-mode-hook

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Setting key bindings in view-mode-hook
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:57:58 -0800

    I'd like to bind "q" in `view-mode' to `View-kill-and-leave'.
    I customized view-mode-hook with

      (lambda nil (local-set-key "q" (quote View-kill-and-leave)))

    However, "C-h c q" in a buffer in view mode still shows View-quit.
    What gives? How come my setting isn't honored?
    This is in recent CVS snapshot of Emacs 22, but a quick check reveals
    that this Emacs 21 shows the same behavior.

It might help (I don't know) to look at my messages of 9/8/2005 and
9/9/2005, subject "quitting help buffer" (which are really about quitting
view-mode).